30+ Perfect Gifts for Anyone Who Is Obsessed with Organizing
These 30+ organizational gifts are perfect for anyone who loves to be neat and tidy! Get tons of gift ideas for your favorite organization enthusiast!
Organizers can be some of the most challenging people to buy for. They literally thrive off of a lack of “stuff,” so the last thing we want to do gift them some extra clutter!
In my years and years of organizing though, I have found a select group of tools and resources that are extremely helpful to me as someone who would consider herself “organizing obsessed.” I wanted to pass them along to make it easier to shop for the organization enthusiast in your life!
(Or if YOU are the organization enthusiast in your life, simply send the link to this post to your loved ones as a little not-so-subtle hint! 😉 )
Grab our free organizing guide, 7 Simple Starting Points!
This quick guide gives you 7 simple, practical ways to begin to tackle an overwhelming organizing project. (And once you get started, the momentum will help you keep going until it’s complete!)
Organizational Gifts: A Gift Guide
This post contains affiliate links. For more information, see my disclosures here.
I divided up my gift recommendations in three categories to make them easier to navigate. To hop to the category you’re most interested in, click any of the links below:
I could have listed a million types of bins, baskets, bags, containers, and other accessories in this section, but I tried to keep it to my very favorites! (Simply click on any of the images below to get more info or shop my recommendations.)
- Rainbow Zipper Pouches– We use these small pouches for organizing our playing cards. But they could be used for organizing just about any smaller items! They are so cute and make color coding a snap.
- Rolling Cart– I have used our rolling cart to organize everything from puzzles and games to our boys’ art supplies to pantry items and more. They’re so convenient to move from place to place easily. And they can be a quick way to add some extra storage to a room.
- OXO Containers– These containers are a bit of a splurge, which is why they make a great gift. But in my opinion they are worth every penny! They are easy to open, even with one hand, which is helpful when you’re working in the kitchen. They’re also airtight, so they keep food or other items fresh. If you’re looking for bonus points, also snag the coordinating scoops!
- Cord Organizer Case– I absolutely hate dealing with a tangled mess of cords. This cute case makes sure I never have to! Whether I’m using it while I travel or just to hold certain cords at my house, it makes everything easy to find.
- Packing Cubes– I never travel anywhere without my packing cubes anymore! They make it so easy to separate clothes by category. And unpacking at my destination is a breeze. I simply unzip the cube and pop it into a drawer, and all of my items are easily accessible. Then when I’m ready to go home, I can just zip it up again and throw it in my suitcase. I also love these for my kids because it helps keep their items tidier when we’re traveling.
- Travel Toiletry Bag– I’ve had this bag for almost 20 years, and it is still going strong! (Mine has my maiden name initials on it and I’ve been married for nearly 16 years, so that shows you how long I’ve had it!) I take it on every single trip I go on. It is so helpful for keeping all of my travel toiletry items neat and tidy.
- Apothecary Jars– These are always so cute and stylish, and they keep things tidy too! I’ve used apothecary jars in my kitchen, laundry room, bathroom, and home office, and I always love how they keep my items both organized and beautiful.
- Travel Makeup Bag– Who knew a travel makeup bag could have so many uses?! It can actually be used for organizing makeup, of course. But I have also used it to keep smaller accessories organized in our pool bag (goggles, sunscreen, hair ties, band aids and other first aid items, etc.). And need a compact place to store some small games, snacks, and activities during a road trip? Makeup bag to the rescue again!
- Stackable Acrylic Drawers– These are the item that I probably get asked about most on my blog! They are just so cute and perfect for holding smaller items. I currently use them under my kitchen and bathroom sinks, but they would also be great for holding makeup, office supplies, small items for the kiddos, and more.
- Pegboard System– Pegboards aren’t just for garages anymore! They are a fun and functional way to store anything from jewelry to kids’ art to cleaning supplies to craft items and more!
- Nail Polish Organizer– This coordinates with the cord case and the makeup organizer for a cute and tidy set!
- Bamboo Ziplock Bag Organizer– This is probably my favorite organizing item that I purchased this year. My kitchen drawers were too shallow to hold the original boxes neatly, and now they fit perfectly!
- Bamboo Plastic Wrap/Foil/Wax Paper/Parchment Paper Dispenser– Like the bag organizer, this keeps my kitchen supplies so much tidier than the original boxes and makes me smile every time I open the drawer!
Organizational Gifts: Gadgets
There are a few gadgets that I’ve deemed “must haves” for organizing my home and life! I’m pretty picky because I don’t wan’t to clutter up our house with unnecessary items. But all of these are things I own and use often in our day-to-day life.
- Scotch Thermal Laminator– I use printables pretty much daily. With a laminator, I am able to make sure some of them stay nice and sturdy. It also allows me to write on them with a dry erase marker so I can use the same printable page over and over again. The laminator also comes in handy for labels. It makes them stronger so they can stay looking nice, even in high traffic areas.
- Kindle Paperwhite– I am typically not a fan of having two gadgets that do the same thing. So since I could read books digitally on my phone, I never thought I needed a Kindle. I ended up having this one gifted to me, and I have LOVED it. The reading experience on it is much nicer than on my phone. I use it all the time. Plus, now that I’m reading more digital books, I’m saving storage space in my house. I don’t have to hold onto the large physical books any longer.
- Portable Charger– My phone keeps me organized, so when it runs out of battery, I am in big trouble! I keep this portable charger in my purse. I never have to worry about my phone going dead when I need it.
- Shark Vacuum– I know a vacuum might not seem like the most exciting gift, but I had to include this on here. It is the best little inexpensive vacuum I’ve ever owned! It’s lightweight, easy to maneuver, and does a great job on our floors. I’ve recommended it to family members and several friends, and they all love it too.
- Clothes Steamer– Donnie gave me a steamer for Christmas a few years ago. (You know you’re an adult when… 😉 ) It has been amazing. I love it for my clothes. But it is also great for getting wrinkles out of things around the house like curtains and our slipcovered couches and chairs.
- FitBit– This is a bit of a stretch as an “organization” tool. But I put it on the list because it has been absolutely essential in helping me reach my health and fitness goals. I love that it keeps me accountable and on track.
- Cricut Joy Cutting Machine– If you’ve always wanted a cutting machine primarily for label making, the Cricut Joy is the perfect solution! It’s smaller and less expensive than other cutting machines, and it makes labeling projects super quick and easy.
- Cricut Explore Cutting Machine– If you want to do bigger cutting projects like making shirts or tote bags, I highly recommend the Cricut Explore! I love mine for making shirts for my kids’ sports teams, DIY Halloween costumes, personalized gifts, and more.
- Cricut Easy Press– If you own a cutting machine, I highly, HIGHLY recommend the Easy Press for ironing labels and designs onto fabric! I used to dread iron-on projects when I used my regular iron because it was such a huge pain. But since getting the Easy Press, I do iron-on projects all the time. I use the Easy Press to iron labels onto bags to organize my kids’ gear, make cute t-shirts and gifts, and more.
- Handheld Labeler– When you want a simpler label than the ones you create with a Cricut machine, a handheld label maker will do the trick. There are all sorts of different font styles and tape color options to customize it to your liking.
- World’s Cutest Mini Fridge– Again, this may be a stretch as an organizing gadget, but I got one for my office this year, and I am obsessed! It holds 6 soda/pop cans perfectly and comes in a ton of cute colors. And it saves me from having to walk all the way downstairs to get a drink, so it totally counts as a productivity tool, right?!
Organizational Gifts: Books
I love, love, love to read! So I couldn’t finish out this gift guide without adding a few favorite books. These books that have made a big impact on me when it comes to organization and productivity, and I hope they will be helpful for you as well!
- Get Good with Money by Tiffany Aliche, The Budgetnista- This was one of my favorite books I read this year. Tiffany gives such a helpful overview of everything that we should have organized in terms of our finances. And she actually makes it enjoyable and easy to understand!
- Atomic Habits by James Clear- This book almost had me in [happy, relieved] tears in the first few chapters. It made me realize that I didn’t have to be stuck in old habits and thought processes forever. It was so freeing! James lays out several practical ways to form new, healthier habits that make so much sense and are simple to execute.
- The Lazy Genius Way by Kendra Adachi- I love Kendra’s laid back, yet oh-so-smart approach to everything she does. Applying some of the principles that she lays out in her book has saved me hours of time and frustration. She’s also so funny and delightful, which makes the book a super easy read.
- The Power of Habit by Charles Duhigg- I initially worried that this book was going to be dry and boring, but it was absolutely fascinating! He does a fantastic job of weaving his research with interesting stories about famous sports figures, successful companies, and individuals who both won and lost their struggle with creating healthy habits. There is so much great stuff that is applicable to our own lives as well!
- Simply Clean by Becky Rapinchuk of Clean Mama- Becky is the queen of clean and the absolute first person I go to anytime I need to know how to clean anything! Her book is full of practical advice and makes keeping a tidy home manageable, rather than feeling overwhelming.
- The Life Changing Magic of Tidying Up by Marie Kondo- This book completely changed the way I look at decluttering and has helped me maintain a tidier, less cluttered home! I don’t strictly adhere to every one of its suggestions, but her basic premises are so helpful.
- Essentialism by Greg McKeown- As a perfectionist, I always feel like I have to do all the things all the time. I felt like this book gave me permission to do LESS and feel great about it in the process. If you feel like you’re always juggling so many things that you never get to work on the stuff that is actually important, this book will be your bff.
- The 7 Habits of Highly Effective People by Stephen R. Covey- This one is a classic, but it’s a classic for a reason! I feel like I could read this every year and get new insights and strategies from it every time.
- Practical Dreamer by Kalyn Brooke- Kalyn’s guide to goal setting is so practical and useful and you can even grab a companion workbook to use along with it as well!
- Beautifully Organized by Nikki Boyd- I am a huge fan of Nikki’s YouTube channel, At Home with Nikki, and her book provides even more of her signature style, which is always both organized and stunningly gorgeous!
- The Home Edit by Clea Shearer and Joanna Teplin- Clea and Joanna are probably the most well-known organizers on the planet, and their book is full of helpful organizing tips AND a healthy dose of their fun personalities as well!
So those are my favorite organizational gifts for anyone in your life who may be obsessed with organizing! Every one of these things has helped me stay organized, be more productive, and keep our home neat and tidy. I hope they will be helpful for you (or your loved one) as well. 🙂
Thinking of snagging one of these organizational gifts for a loved one? Be sure to pin the image below so you can find this post later!
I know this isn’t a completely exhaustive list of organizational gifts. Let me know what you would add in the comments below!
Have a wonderful holiday season!
This post contains affiliate links. For more information, see my disclosures here.
These are such great gift ideas! Thanks for putting this together.
So glad it was helpful for you, Kari! Happy Friday! <3
I love it!!! I am also an organizer freak …ha! And I even ordered the wire organizer you are recommending, since this is one thing I still didn’t have to help me to keep organized during my traveling – Thank you!
Yay! So glad it will be helpful for you, Paula! Have a great weekend! <3
Hi Abby, I can’t seem to find the planner that you were talking about in the one video. The life goals planner. I see separate different binders for different subjects, but I don’t see a life goals planner. Could you please give me the link?
Thank you so much! You are so helpful.
Are you looking for the Intentional Life Planner? We actually retired that.. it’s no longer available on our site. Sorry about that!
Yep,,I’m one of those organization freaks, funny or maybe a little sad that I just can’t seem to stay organized :-). Just a couple of days away from the New year and the perfect time to start purging and organizing. Wow, I had no idea Dymo made such a small label maker, I think I need to gift that to myself. :-).
It would be a great gift for yourself! 🙂 I LOVE IT! Hope 2020 is off to an awesome start for you, Sydney! Have a great week!