Have you ever had a project or assignment that left you puzzled? This one was definitely like that for me. Tasha from Designer Trapped in a Lawyer’s Body challenged a bunch of us bloggers to create a patriotic 4th of July project without using the traditional red, white, and blue color scheme. What?! Craziness.
I’m always up for a challenge, though, so I told her I was in. Little did I know how much trouble I would have with this! I worked on no less than 4 non-red, white, and blue project fails before settling on this one. That’s a lot of fails!
In the end I came up with some cute 4th of July subway art, and I’m even sharing with you, too– click below for your FREE printable!
Free Printable July 4th Subway Art
[Psssttt… See all 50+ free printables that we offer on the blog in our free printable library!]
Now I realize that my printable contains white, but technically you could choose to print it on a different color paper, and then it wouldn’t, and since it has absolutely zero red or blue, I think it still qualifies for the challenge. (See, I told you this was hard!)
It was really fun to come up with different words that represent this special day when we celebrate our country and our freedom. I think it will be a great reminder at our house of why and how we celebrate the 4th of July.
But I’m certainly not the only one coming up with red, white, and blue-less patriotic projects around here! Check out the AMAZING projects that were shared by my awesome bloggy friends over the last two weeks!
1. USA Map by Paper & Fox
2. Let Freedom Ring Gold Art by Life on Virginia Street
3. Wood Shim Flag by Designer Trapped in a Lawyer’s Body
4. Corrugated Metal Star Art by Addicted 2 DIY
5. Neutral Nautical Pallet Flag by Southern State of Mind
- USA String Art by Sypsie Designs
- Lady Liberty Art by Delineate Your Dwelling
- Planked American Flag by Maison de Pax
- Fireworks Drink Stirrers by Homey Oh My!
- Mounted Declaration of Independence by Everyday Enchanting
- Land of the Free Because of the Brave Printable by Black and White Obsession
- Fireworks Table Runner by One Krieger Chick
- Chalkboard Bunting by The Dolen Diaries
- Vintage USA Framed Art by Made to Be a Momma
- Let Freedom Ring Utensil Caddy by Tiny Sidekick
- Wood Slice Canadiana Coasters by Craftberry Bush
- Patriotic Vignette by House by Hoff
- 4th of July Party Printables by The Blissful Bee
- Statue of Liberty Pledge Art by A Prudent Life
- Star Spangled Entry by Finding Silver Pennies
- Stars & Stripes Tea Party by My Creative Days
- 4th of July Subway Art by Just a Girl and Her Blog
- Canadian Map Art by Inspire Me Heather
- Star Spangled Door Decor by 3 Little Greenwoods
- Patriotic Mason Jars and Free Printable by Place of My Taste
- Neutral Pallet Flag by View from the Fridge
Thanks so much for checking out the projects! Have a fabulous weekend!